Prior to scheduling your HiSET Exam
1. Create a test-taker's account on line at www.hiset.ets.org using your email address. You will be issued an ETS ID#. Save this number as this is needed for scheduling your test.
2. Have a government issued photo ID. (NH Driver’s or Non Driver’s License, or Passport) The name and address of your HiSET registration must be an exact match to your government issued ID. If your address does not, you must bring 2 pieces of mail as proof of residency. (Utility bills, lease, tax bill, car registration, or current pay slip) If you are using your Passport, please bring 2 pieces of mail as proof of residency.
3. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for your desired testing date. Your email must include the testing date, your full name, address, date of birth, phone number, and ETS ID#. We will email you when we receive your information.
4. There is a $25.00 non-refundable deposit due 1 week prior to the test date to secure your seat. Make a money order or check out to the Manchester Adult & Community Learning Center. Mail it to HiSET Testing Center, Manchester West High School, 9 Notre Dame Ave., Manchester, NH 03102, Attn: Lynne Brecknock. This payment will be deducted from the $100.00 test fee for the complete battery of tests.
4. On the day of testing you MUST bring your photo ID, and 2 pieces of mail if your photo ID address is not current. $75 cash fee to the testing center. No test will be administered without payment or photo ID. No show/no call on test day means forfeiture of the $25.00 deposit. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
5. If under 18, bring your Official HiSET NH Department of Education Referral Form, which is given to you after passing the Official Practice Test. This referral form is required by the State. You cannot take the test without it. Please be advised: All electronic devices, including cell phones, are prohibited in the testing room. Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to testing if the Examinee is unable to test. Same day cancellations, no show/no call or late arrivals will result in the forfeiture of the $95 testing fee. Check in time begins promptly at 3:00 on the day of testing. Late arrivals will not be admitted into the testing room.
6.Cancellations due to weather will follow the Manchester School District.
7. Retests (maximum of 2) are given once a month. Each retest is $20.00 in cash. Fee is due on the day of the retest.